At Afriex, we are revolutionizing the way people send money across borders and leveling the economic playing field on a global scale. To achieve this we are building a global payment network: a scalable and usable infrastructure that integrates existing fiat and crypto payment networks, including but not limited to banks, card processors, and public blockchains.
As the Financial Crimes Analysts The role holder is responsible for developing and overseeing the financial crime and fraud prevention framework, designed to ensure Afriex and its customers are protected.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to ensure that the organizations' products and services adhere to all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Stay abreast of money laundering and terrorist financing trends and typologies in order to utilise this information during the course of high profile investigations. to create awareness around new modus operandi and to identify potential risks.
- Review existing KYC data for all new and existing customers for AML purpose and to Identify potential gaps within the file
- safeguard the company from money laundering and terrorist financing risk by ensuring the transaction monitoring structure and process is effective;
- manage all the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) reporting for the Company to ensure that management is kept abreast of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) status and issues;
- Be an integral part of the Enhanced Due Diligence process, completing EDD reviews of high-risk customers and helping to identify and operationalize potential process improvements
- Responsible for the compliance of FCC related projects, including deliverables related to internal reviews or the regulators
- Review alerted transactional activity in search of potentially suspicious activity, such as money laundering and terrorist financing
- Escalate all matters relating to high-risk customers and entities containing adverse information, complex and significant issues to line management for immediate action in order to avoid operational losses, fines, penalties or reputational damage to the organisation.
- Continuously maintain an understanding of policies, processes, procedures and systems and review the said with the view to find better ways to execute tasks, improve systems, improve training materia.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in financial services in the areas of anti-fraud, bribery, market abuse, money laundering, and combating terrorist financing surveillance and investigations
- Relevant professional compliance certifications from Globally recognized bodies as ACAMS/ICA/GCI/CFCS.
- experience dealing and resolving card fraud investigations,and responding to RFIs(Request For Information) from Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Knowledge of AML/CFT, sanctions, and fraud laws, rules, regulations, risks, and typologies.
- Bonus points if the candidate has extensive experience with money transmission regulations in the U.S,UK, and Canada
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Access as well as other applications and software utilized by the department
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work collaboratively across various departments.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Asynchronous working
- Health insurance
Powered by JazzHR