About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets.We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is one of the first Seedstars’ investments, a fast-growing Fintech building the top credit-led neobank of Nigeria. 60 Million Nigerian adults are excluded from banking services, 100 Million do not have access to credit. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by 2 Million people. It has processed over 4.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustles everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire an innovative Operational Risk Analyst to join our team in Lagos. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, highly collaborative team-player who enjoys adding structure and taking initiative. You will assist the Operational Risk Manager in designing, monitoring, and implement risk management strategies, processes, and programs.
- Support Business Process Management within QuickCheck – conducting business process review and documentation.
- Assist with implementing framework, tools and procedures to achieve successful risk identification and management within ISO 31000 or COSO frameworks.
- Facilitate risk control awareness, ownership, and accountability.
- Monitor the operational risk management activities at QuickCheck
- Monitor and analyze risks within QuickCheck’s operational processes and document these mitigation plans to relevant stakeholders
- Maintain key aspects of the ORM program, such as risk reporting, risk appetite, risk identification & measurement, operational issue management, risk assessment methodology, emerging risks etc.
- Support operational risk analysis in line with the Operational Risk Framework e.g. RCSAs, quarterly risk reviews, annual risk register reviews, updating risk appetites and validation of operational risk strategies.
- B.Sc. in any relevant field.
- Some knowledge of risk management tools and disciplines
- Understands concept of risk appetite, risk identification, risk impact assessment etc.
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to express technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
- The ability to challenge and question established practices and contribute to the development of new processes
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes
- Strong experience in VBA/SQL/Python or other similar packages necessary
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 8-)
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, life and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of hybrid working mode (office vs. remote) depending on the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR