The Damaturu Sub office is seeking a Programme Assistant (SC6) to perform specialized and / or standardized processes and activities under to the Food Assistance delivery portfolio.
The incumbent will operate under the direct supervision of the National Officer overseeing Activity 1.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform specialized processes and activities relating to the food assistance provision to vulnerable population, in line with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide project support for general food assistance (Inkind food) following established emergency response targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports relevant to the general food assistance to support planning and decision-making.
4. Perform accurate, timely recording of data related to the implementation of general food assistance activities, following corporate emergency programming guidelines.
5. Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration,
implementation and monitoring of ongoing general food assistance activities with guidance from activity lead.
6. Support communication and collaboration with internal emergency food assistance stakeholders with guidance from activity lead.
7. Act as a point for documentation and resolution of complaints relating to inkind food assistance distribution.
8. Other as required.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers) Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
Emergency Programming Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w / Government Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE