JOB TITLE : Communications Coordinator
LOCATION : Job Description
The main responsibility of the Communications Coordinator is to organise and oversee the creation of promotional materials and brand identity.
The communications coordinator will design and review promotional materials, oversee and manage the foundation’s media presence, both social and traditional and research ways to expand the foundation’s reach.
Roles and responsibilities :
Provide graphic design work for all foundation’s material.
Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan and implement PR strategy in collaboration with the Team
Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate
Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic material including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-
newsletters and foundation’s website
Mentor and lead a team member responsible for foundation’s website administration and coordination
Coordinate webpage maintenance ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
Develop and manage all media contacts
Liaising with, and answering enquiries from media houses,;
Ensuring that the Team engages in Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
Collating and analysing media coverage;
Manage the publication, the writing and editing of newsletters, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
preparing and supervising the production of promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
Devising and coordinating photo opportunities;
Organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
Maintaining and updating information on the foundation’s website;
Managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook;
Liaising with the Team to optimize and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities from a PR perspective;
Commissioning market research;
Liaising with the Team to enhance PR through foundation’s events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
1. Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or related field required. A Masters’ degree is an added advantage
2. At least 3 years of experience in communication / media management role.
3. Demonstrated ability to write strategic communications pieces for an organization, including press releases, newsletters, website content, etc.
4. Experience with WordPress content management platform.
5. Strong graphics design, photography and videography skills.
6. Experience managing social media for an organization preferred.
7. Prior experience in non-profit communications and / or fundraising preferred.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. The individual must have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to relate to other staff, volunteers, agency representatives and the general public.
10. The individual must be self-motivated and committed to workplace participation and diversity with the ability to work as a team member.
11. Ability to juggle many projects and meet deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
Possesses knowledge of effective marketing strategies.
Exhibits knowledge of company identity, mission, and goals.
Demonstrates strong writing and editing skills.
Communicates clearly and effectively.
Possesses strong organizational skills.
Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills.
Is capable of creating and maintaining a network of vendors for promotional events.
Demonstrates knowledge of website design and html code.
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of graphics design
Exhibits proficiency in CorelDraw and Adobe Creative Suite.
Exhibits proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
Is capable of thinking creatively and analytically.
Manages time efficiently.
Is able to conduct independent research into target market.
Works well with a variety of different individuals.
Possesses solid problem-solving skills.
Sympathy with the aims, values and objectives of the foundation.
Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
Remuneration : 200,000 gross