Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Lendigo Nigeria is a high growth portfolio company of Seedstars, focusing on SME lending in all areas. Our vision is to become the leading champion in SME lending for the common man in Nigeria while developing revolutionary fin-tech products that will change the whole conservative lending industry. Being a part of this ambitious project is what drives us every day and makes us achieve the best results for our clients and reach our ambitious goals.
About the Job
If Fintech sounds interesting to you and if autonomy, a steep learning curve and responsibility from day one is what you desire, then you might be the right fit for us!
We are currently seeking passionate individuals with a flair for debt recovery to join our team in Lagos, Ogun and Abuja respectively. Your main responsibility is ensuring that our customers with delinquent loan accounts are visited, negotiate overdue payments and where necessary initiates recovery action. Moreover, you will also be accountable for improving our overall collections rate. The Debt recovery officer will report to the Head of debt recovery.
Ideal candidates will be extremely flexible with scheduling, working weekends and occasionally on holidays.
NOTE: This Job has multiple open positions for Ogun State and Abuja.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Decide regularly which loans may be terminated and supervise the termination process
- Look after insolvent borrowers in the context of e.g. administration, liquidation, debt management plan as well as bankruptcy
- Enhancing the debt recovery process and working with the internal team and external collection agencies, integration with the Customer Support unit
- Introducing debt recovery initiatives to test new ideas aiming at lowering defaults, by leveraging on data and technology
- Preparation of reports, providing insights based on data analysis and identification of patterns
- Regularly review the communication in use in order to achieve efficiency and effectiveness
- A University degree from any related field is preferred.
- 2 years and above experience in microfinance operations directly dealing with delinquent clients and other problem-solving situations.
- Apt in negotiating and persuading
- Young, smart and hungry for achieving extraordinary results
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC programme or have an exemption letter.
Benefits and perks:
- Coaching opportunities and learning Financial Technology from the best
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Regular get-togethers like team events, etc.
- Flexible working hours and offsite work arrangements
- Health benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR