Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, and India. Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by the founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where human beings of all backgrounds can thrive.
As a Fraud Analyst, your responsibilities will involve reviewing suspicious activities, and carrying out due diligence reviews on users and transactions in accordance with local regulations and our security policies. You will also be required to assist with troubleshooting and investigating financial crimes across the spheres of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), sanctions screening, and cybercrimes.
- Monitor and analyse all fraud-related incidents, ensure resolution and escalation in a timely manner;
- Maintain fraud monitoring and analysis models;
- Monitor user activity for high risk, unauthorised, fraudulent, or suspicious transactions;
- Investigate financial crime trends and propose improvements to prevent perpetration;
- Contribute to the implementation of rules, systems, and policies for fraud detection and management and AML controls;
- Assist the compliance team in reporting suspicious activity, fraudulent and money laundering reports to regulators;
- Perform AML investigations; and
- Prepare management and board reports on fraud.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in forensics, and fraud investigations within the banking and financial services industry.
- Experience in root cause and impact analysis. Working knowledge of SQL and Business Analytics is an added advantage.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree. Certifications from professional bodies relevant to Forensics, AML, and Financial Crimes Investigation (CHFI, CFE, etc) are an added advantage.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contribute to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully paid life and health insurance benefit with Axa Mansard (Platinum plan)
- 28 days of paid vacation days, 30 days of sick leave, and periodic mental health days
- Fully paid parental leave - 6 months maternity leave and 3 months paternity leave
- Pension benefit
- Monthly WFH stipend alongside a one time home office set-up budget
- Annual professional development budget
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
- Flexible working hours
- Where we work: Remote first, with the option to work in-person occasionally
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We’re looking for more than just qualifications -- so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!
Powered by JazzHR