Job Duties and Tasks for: "Biochemist"
1) Studies chemistry of living processes, such as cell development, breathing and digestion, and living energy changes, such as growth, aging, and death.
2) Researches methods of transferring characteristics, such as resistance to disease, from one organism to another.
3) Examines chemical aspects of formation of antibodies, and researches chemistry of cells and blood corpuscles.
4) Analyzes foods to determine nutritional value and effects of cooking, canning, and processing on this value.
5) Develops methods to process, store, and use food, drugs, and chemical compounds.
6) Isolates, analyzes, and identifies hormones, vitamins, allergens, minerals, and enzymes, and determines their effects on body functions
Knowledge, Experience, Education Required for: "Biochemist"
Chemistry -- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
Biology -- Knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
Mathematics -- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.