Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Examine, diagnose, and treat diseases and injuries of the eye
2. Provides care in inpatient and outpatient settings
3. Evaluate medical and surgical history and coordinate preoperative evaluation
4. Assess visual and refractive status, measures intraocular pressure, and examine the eye and adnexa
5. Perform necessary diagnostic procedures and clinical tests
6. Interpret results, determine treatment plan, and discuss with patient
7. Perform local anaesthesia and surgical procedures
8. Prescribe and administer various ocular and systemic medications
9. Perform laser surgery (Preferred)
10. Formulate plans and procedures for ophthalmological services
11. Schedule operations and assign nurses and medical technicians in such functions as refracting eyes and prescribing glasses
12. Direct nurses in procedures for preoperative and postoperative care and in operating room techniques
13. Advise on quality and quantity of ophthalmological supplies and equipment
14. Medical records management
15. Keep abreast with trends in the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases
16. The Surgeon will be supported by a Expat Program Manager with all Administrative activities
Applicants must be MBBS with Masters in Surgery / DNB (Ophthalmology) from reputed institute.
Minimum five years of experience in the Ophthalmic surgical procedures.
Required Competencies :
Duration of Contract :
Selected candidates shall be offered a minimum of three years contract, extendable on mutual agreement and performance.